License & Requirements
- Applicant must possess a Class A with tank endorsement as well as current Hazmat certification.
- Able to read and write in the English language and understand and communicate verbally in English. Possess a good work ethic.
- Honest and dependable.
- Have at least two years verifiable driving experience.
- Must meet guidelines of insurance underwriters and Knowles Transportation pertaining to violations on Motor Vehicle Record.
Duties & Expectations
- DRIVE COMMERCIAL VEHICLES SAFELY, IN CONDITIONS THAT VARY FROM INTERSTATE HIGHWAY TO NARROW AND STEEP MOUNTAIN ROADS, IN ALL WEATHER CONDITIONS
- CAPABLE OF COMPLETING ALL REQUIRED PAPERWORK LEGIBLY
- CAPABLE OF REPEATEDLY LIFTING HEAVY OBJECTS SUCH AS TIRE CHAINS (75 LBS.)
- CAPABLE OF CLIMBING STEEP STAIRWAYS SEVERAL TIMES PER SHIFT
- CAPABLE OF FOLLOWING WRITTEN AND VERBAL DIRECTIONS
- CAPABLE OF WORKING IN A WIDE RANGE OF WEATHER FROM HOT (100 DEGREES} TO VERY COLD (BELOW ZERO)
- CAPABLE OF USING SIMPLE MATHEMATICS (ADDITION, SUBTRACTION, DIVISION AND MULTIPLICATION) TO COMPUTE LEVELS OF FLUIDS IN TANKS AND BARRELS IN LOAD
- CAPABLE OF IDENTIFYING POSSIBLE DEFECTS ON TRUCK (KNOWLEDGE OF FEDERAL MOTOR CARRIER REGULATIONS PERTAINING TO VEHICLE INSPECTIONS)
- PHYSICALLY ABLE TO ENDURE EXTENDED PERIODS OPERATING TRUCK OVER ROUGH AND BUMPY ROADS IN REMOTE LOCATIONS
- CAPABLE OF WORKING AT ELEVATIONS APPROACHING 10,000 FEET